Tuesday, February 17, 2009

California Whine


As I stated on Jennifer Roback Morse's site....
After five years in California I discovered what I call The Four basic tenets of the modern day feminist:
1) Truth is defined by what I am feeling
2)What I am feeling justifies anything I choose to say or however I choose to behave
3)If I do not get my own way, I am a victim
4) If you (as a man) are not telepathic about what I am thinking or feeling, YOU ARE INSENSITVE. (Heaven help the man who is thus labeled.)
We lived this. I saw this, and six months after our departure, I am still convinced this is indeed true.

By the way, this "effeminate" philosophy for defining truth in life has been adopted and is practiced now, regardless of one's gender, in many quarters. And of course, the mindset is absolutely not limited geographically; yet I was taken aback by the hostility toward men I saw embraced and nurtured by the women of California.

No comments: