Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dr. Laura Comments about Day Orphanages (via linked Video)

(Girl on a Sailboat - By Elizabeth Shippen Green)

When I was a mother with three young children at home full-time, I relied on Christ, my husband, a few distant but choice friends, and DR. LAURA for encouragement.

Ironic, that this woman who wasn't even Christian provided more real support in my efforts to raise our boys in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, than did anyone in our Lutheran congregation. From their perspective, I lacked a proper (feminist) sense of ambition....or something. Or perhaps I made the women feel guilty, so they avoided talking about it.

At one point I provided day-care for other families' children so that I might supplement our family income, a job that enabled my continued presence at home with our boys. Though I provided good care for those children, I couldn't hold a candle to the absent mothers.

Obviously I am not neutral on this topic and deeply connect with Dr. Laura's message on this video.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=drlaura

No comments: